Session Suggestions, Tips & Tricks
Our tips and trick will help reduce stress during your session & create a relaxed and enjoyable portrait experience
Remember, RELAX and bring:
- Something Casual
- Something Classic
- Something Fun
- Jackets & hats change the look of any of your outfits & add a great addition to any of your portraits.
- 1 long sleeve top for 1 of your portraits.
Planning ahead saves stress:
- Getting everything situated the day prior can make the session a more relaxing and enjoyable process. This will show in your portraits.
- Get a good night sleep. Being well rested will help you look and feel more energetic in your portraits.
Wear solid colors:
- Nothing detracts from a subject’s face more than clothes covered in busy patterns and prints.
Bring Friends or Family:
- Having friends or family at your session can reduce stress dramatically and they can help keep hair intact, make-up touched up and support in many other ways.
- Scheduling a group session is always a good idea. You can work off each other, play and have fun during the entire session. 😃
Bring Hair and Make-Up Products:
- Touch ups are always ok. Stray hairs seem to have a mind of their own so a good can of hair spray or bottle of gel can be very helpful. 😜
- Pick matching colors
- Pick themed colors or styles (seasons, pro teams, formal, etc.)
- Fall Season works well with Auburns, Darker Greens, Browns, Yellow and Blues.
Keep jewelry to a minimum:
Make sure the clothes fit:
- Comfortable clothing does not mean baggy or loose fitting. We'll help you look amazing, but picking clothes that fit can help a bunch.
- Clothes that are too small can make posing and positioning difficult.
Don’t forget hats and jackets:
Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water) before the shoot. This will keep your body and mind more attentive for portraits.
- Make sure you've had a good meal prior to the shoot too. This too will make you look more attentive for portraits.
Remember, RELAX & HAVE FUN 😜
- This is about Capturing and Collecting your Moments into Memories AND Framing Your Unique Personality.